With the mission to support the global creative community, the world’s foremost nonprofit organization, The One Club for Creativity has appointed FCB India’s Creative Chairperson, Swati Bhattacharya as India’s representative at the International Board of Directors. Board members are drawn from countries with the largest advertising communities, and selected based on three criteria: they must be prominent international creatives, be respected leaders in their given fields, and exert influence in their respective regions.
Bhattacharya is among a diverse group of 21 creative leaders from around the world who will begin three-year terms on the International Board.
As a member of the International Board, Bhattacharya will provide input and feedback on the club’s ongoing global programming, help elevate The One Show and ADC Annual Awards in rankings in India, connect the club with advertising and design universities and schools, and recommend outstanding candidates to serve as awards judges.
“One reason The One Club is so prestigious is because of its exceptional Board, an impressive group of the most prominent professionals in our field,” said Kevin Swanepoel, CEO. “Swati is a renowned global creative leader who will play a key role in furthering our mission to support and elevate the global creative community, and solidify the relevance of our mission in India.”
The new International Board members will work closely with The One Club’s National Board, lead by chairman Glenn Cole, cofounder, creative chairman at 72andSunny, Los Angeles, and vice chair Pum Lefebure, cofounder, CCO at Design Army, Washington DC, to serve as ambassadors for and advisors to the non-profit organization.
Other new members are as follows:
- Reed Collins, CCO, APAC, Ogilvy, Hong Kong
- Tay Guan Hin, CCO, BBDO Singapore
- Thomas Hongtack Kim, CCO, RE-BE, Seoul
- Steve Jackson, co-founder, Milk & Honey United, Sydney
- Kentaro Kimura, International CCO, corporate officer, Hakuhodo; founder, Hakuhodo Kettle, Tokyo
- Kelly Pon, CCO, BBH China, Shanghai
- Jureeporn Thaidumrong, creative chairperson, CCO, GREYnJ UNITED, Bangkok
- Richard Yu, regional CCO, ADK Taiwan, Taipei
- Susana Albuquerque, ECD, partner, Uzina, Lisbon; president, Clube Criativos
- Claus Fischer, founder, Voss-Fischer, Frankfurt; vice president, ADC Germany; treasurer, executive board, ADC Europe
- Alexander Kalchev, CCO, DDB Paris
- Anu Niemonen, ECD, Wunderman Thompson Finland, Helsinki
- Eva Santos, co-CCO, founder, Delirio & Twain, Barcelona
- Chaka Sobhani, global CCO, Leo Burnett Worldwide; CCO, Leo Burnett UK and Fallon, London
- Björn Stahl, CCO, INGO Stockholm
- Wesley ter Haar, co-founder, Media.Monks, Amsterdam
- Joaquin Cubria, CCO, global partner, GUT, Buenos Aires
- Sergio Gordilho, co-president, CCO, Africa, São Paulo
- Suhana Gordhan, ECD, Duke Group, Cape Town
- Fadi Yaish, founder, CCO, ‿ and us, Dubai
Unlike for-profit companies that produce awards shows, The One Club is a non-profit organization that takes revenue generated from entries to its global awards shows – The One Show, ADC Annual Awards, Young Ones Student Awards, Young Guns, Type Directors Club Communication Design and Typeface Design awards – and puts it back into the industry to fund programs under its four pillars: Education, Inclusion & Diversity, Gender Equality and Creative Development.
These programs include the annual Where Are All The Black People diversity conference and career fair, ONE School free portfolio program for Black creatives, ONE Production free training program to bring greater diversity to the production side of the business, Creative Boot Camps for diverse college students, Right the Ratio Summits addressing gender equality, Creative Leaders Retreats, WITHIN brand-side creative conference, global Portfolio Night, Mentor & Creative providing mentorships at agencies for nearly 300 young creatives, Saturday Career Workshops for high school students and more.
About The One Club for Creativity:
The One Club for Creativity, producer of The One Show, ADC Annual Awards, Type Directors Club Communication Design and Typeface Design awards, Young Guns and Creative Week, is the world’s foremost non-profit organization whose mission is to support and celebrate the global creative community. The One Show is a top global awards show for advertising, design and digital marketing, focusing on the creativity of ideas and quality of execution. Established in 1921, the global ADC Annual Awards are the world’s longest continuously running creative award for advertising and design, honoring excellence in craft, design and innovation. Creative Week takes place in May, and is the preeminent festival celebrating the intersection of advertising and the arts.