The New York Festivals Advertising Awards have announced a 25-member 2021 NYF Executive Jury of international award-winning creative leaders to judge entries. The distinguished jury has creative leaders from five continents and has on board three Indian advertising veterans, namely Anil Nair, Chief Executive Officer, VMLY&R; Ramanuj Shastry, Co-Founder, Infectious Advertising; and Viral Pandya, Partner, Cog Digital, India.
Commenting on his jury appointment, Anil Nair said, “Despite, or perhaps due to, the pandemic, we’ve
seen ground-breaking advertising and marketing campaigns over the last year. I am excited to be at the
front row of some of the best brand building work from different geographies and to understand how they intertwined their culture, creativity, and technology together to create enthralling work across spectrum.”
Honoured to be an integral part of the festival, Ramanuj Shastry, Co-Founder and Director, Infectious Advertising, said, “It’s an honour and a pleasure to serve as a jury member in the 2021 edition of the prestigious New York Festival of Advertising. I am excited to see great work from around the world and look forward to interacting with fellow jurors.”
Executive Jury President, Ralf Heuel, Chief Creative Officer and Partner of Grabarz & Partner Germany will preside over this top panel of Chief Creative Officers and Executive Creative Directors drawn from around the world.Ralf, who has close to three decades of top experience in the industry globally, brings both leadership and creativity to the role of Executive Jury President. In his earlier roles as Creative Director and CCO, Ralf made Grabarz & Partner one of the most creative agencies in the country. Setting the tone for the jury’s duty, Ralf said, “Keep your respect for the work, keep your mind open, and look for the best pieces of work.”
“We’re thrilled that Ralf Heuel will lead this year’s Executive Jury,” said Scott Rose, Executive Director, New York Festivals Advertising Awards. “With a reputation as an innovative leader known for ground-breaking creative, he will lead the Executive Jury of 24 creative minds dedicated to the quality and aesthetic of creative advertising to select this year’s award-winning work as well as the newly unveiled special awards, the Pivot and the Signal.”
“I love it (Signal Award) because it is not disconnected from the world we live in; it is highly connected to the situation we are in and that is what makes advertising and communication relevant. It’s a beautiful idea,” said Ralf.
This is the 11th year in a row that NYF has put together a jury of internationally admired creators and innovators from radical agencies to judge creative work from around the globe.
The Executive Jury will convene soon for discussions to select the world’s best pieces of advertising from the shortlisted entries selected by the online NYF Grand Jury.
2021 Executive Jury:
1. Executive Jury President – Ralf Heuel, Chief Creative Officer & Partner, Grabarz & Partner, Germany
2. Sandra Bold, Global Creative Director, Publicis, Italy
3. Alexis Bronstorph, Chief Creative Officer, Taxi, Canada
4. Christian Caldwell, VP, Chief Creative Officer, McCann Lima, Peru
5. Cindy Yan Chen, Partner/Chief Strategy Officer, Focus Media Group, China
6. Lexi Corn, Creative Director, Iris Atlanta, USA
7. PJ Eales, Executive Creative Director, Machine Cape Town, South Africa
8. Ioana Filip, SVP Global Executive Creative Director, Energy BBDO, USA
9. Chris Gokiert, Chief Creative Officer, Critical Mass, Canada
10. Aste Gutierrez, Creative Director, Droga5, USA
11. Kia Heinnen, Creative Director, Droga5, USA
12. Takahiro Hosoda, Executive Creative Director, TBWA HAKUHODO, Japan
13. Michelle Lassman, Head of Creative, AKQA, USA
14. Myles Lord, Managing Creative Director, Serviceplan, Germany
15. Sandra Luciano, Creative Director Retail, Saatchi & Saatchi, USA
16. Anil Nair, Chief Executive Officer, VMLY&R, India
17. Sergio Leon Novoa, VP of Content & Experience, Sancho BBDO, Colombia
18. Viral Pandya, Partner, Cog Digital, India
19. Allison Pierce, Global Chief Creative Officer, Intel VMLY&R, USA
20. Jason Romeyko, Worldwide Executive Creative Director, Serviceplan, Germany
21. Ramanuj Shastry, Co-Founder, Infectious Advertising, India
22. David Weinstock, Partner & Chief Creative Officer, Decoded Advertising, USA
23. Polina Zabrodskaya, Creative Director, AMVBBDO, United Kingdom
24. Nicolas Zarlenga, Chief Creative Officer & Partner, The Juju, Argentina
25. Kevin Zung, Chief Operating Officer, WMcCann, Brazil
All entries into the 2021 NYF Advertising Awards competition will be judged by 400+ members of NYF’s Executive Jury and Grand Jury, who collectively will cast over 400,000+ votes to select the World’s Best Advertising.
The deadline to enter the 2021 New York Festivals Advertising Awards is February 26, 2021.