Ogilvy, the global advertising, marketing, and PR agency, has announced the integration of its Singapore and Malaysia offices. The merger was driven by the philosophy that ‘giant ideas create giant value’ and that Ogilvy was best placed to deliver creativity at scale and speed to value for its clients.
The agency hopes to double the size of its business internationally within the next few years. The new structure is aligned with to the goal of providing integrated solutions in five core areas:
- Growth & Innovation: Advisory services in business strategy, product & service innovation, marketing transformation, and brand growth.
- Advertising, Brand & Content: Strategic insights and creative innovation to generate brand value, increasingly leveraging real-time content services.
- Public Relations & Influence: Integrating strategic insights, social content, and data with further plans for Singapore and Malaysia to service clients with global communications needs.
- Experience: Driving customer value for clients through an understanding of brand and human behavior, powered by design, data, and technology.
- Health: Supporting life sciences leaders to increase access to health in Asia, focusing on pharmaceutical, MedTech, hospital & clinics, public health, and medical nutrition.
The new organizational structure will be led by a new integrated leadership team.
- Growth & Innovation, Health: Pierre Robinet, who will lead both businesses as Managing Director.
- Advertising, Brand, and Content: Nizwani Shahar, who will continue as CEO of Malaysia, leading the Malaysia office reporting to Chris Riley.
- PR & Influence: Emily Poon, President, PR & Influence, Asia, who will lead the business alongside Q. Akashah (Executive Director, PR&I, Singapore) and Sunita Kanapathy (Head, PR&I, Malaysia).
- Experience: Jeremy Webb, Vice President, Experience, SEA
Talking about this amalgamation, Chris Riley, Group Chairman, Singapore & Malaysia, said, “This shift in how we have organized our business and our talent is both ambitious and exciting. As we continue to partner with clients to navigate the challenges of the global pandemic, there has never been a better time for us to seize opportunities for growth across both markets. Our ‘one agency, two locations’ approach provides us with the unique ability to offer clients access to broader capabilities and skillsets, as well as increased opportunities for employees.”