With the motive of understanding the effectiveness of In-Content Advertising, Whisper Media, the global leader in digital brand integration operating across continents has released the insights from the study conducted on the effectiveness and efficiency of In-Content Advertising on TV audiences across GEC genres in India.
Derived by Kantar, the world’s leading evidence-based insights and consulting company and Orbit, a Singapore based research and analytics company, Whisper Media began their India operations in January 2019 and conducted in-depth study sharing two years of historical, anonymised data based on their 100 campaigns across fifteen brands.
The research was undertaken across three broad parameters/metrics: Reach, Viewability and Recall. The Reach was measured by using BARC’s Yumi Analytics to ascertain number of users exposed to the campaign, GRPs and frequency, both pre and post campaign.
The Viewability was gauged using Eye Tracking studies, which evaluated the attention and focus of the viewer on ICA placements and the time spent by them viewing the campaign. Finally, Recall is an outcome of all parameters to understand the enhanced attention on the content.
Key findings of the study:
- Across GECs, on an average, ten points increase is seen in Spontaneous Brand recall as compared to non-ICA campaigns, with Hindi Speaking Markets and Tamil GEC showcasing an uplift of more than 15+ points
- The eye gaze data indicates that close to 90 percent of the consumers have seen the brand/product via an ICA and typically spent about five seconds observing the same
- Seven points jump noticed in the key message being recalled with ICA
- While in-content embeds bring in uplift for brand as well as ad recalls, it also pushes the Intention to Purchase/Continue using the product by a small margin of four points in the regional GECs, hence pushing the overall likeability & favourability of the ad in the ICA format.
- As compared to TV break ratings, viewership showcased a lift of close to fifteen percent across campaigns with ICA
Detailing about the study, Anil Cheriyedath, Director – Marketing & Strategy, Whisper Media, said,” India is the largest content producer globally, and GECs remain the biggest drivers of this production where brands prefer to reach the target audience. Brand integrations have always been around in the entertainment industry, but with these studies, it shows the In-Content Advertising through digital embeds have also shown acceptance by brands and audience across all GEC markets which includes the regional and Hindi Speaking Markets.
He further added, “The challenge that integrations faced in India was the measurability aspect, and with that in place through BARC YUMI Tools, it has become easier to validate claims of showcasing effectiveness of ICA campaigns through such unique studies.”