The prestigious APAC Effies has announced the list of winners and Ogilvy emerged victorious for the third year running at the 2021 APAC Effie Awards. The organization took home 3 Golds, 6 Silvers, and 8 Bronze Effies as well as Network of the Year. In addition, Ogilvy Sydney was crowned Agency of the Year. This year’s event was held virtually via livestream last Friday evening.
Benoit Wiesser, Ogilvy’s Chief Strategy Officer, Asia, said, “It’s been a difficult year for most, yet we continue to see our teams produce work with impact that truly highlights the passion for their craft. I’m incredibly proud of the resilience shown and to see our clients recognized by our industry peers.”
Meanwhile, Grey took home the only Grand Effie in the APAC region. Elated upon the win AVP & Strategic Planning LeadBitop Das Gupta of GREY Bangladesh, said, “Winning the Grand Effie is like a dream come true. The ongoing pandemic has created the longing for a fairer, more resilient and evenly distributed economy. The practice of democratizing innovation is becoming very crucial for all of mankind to build back better from this crisis. We are particularly happy to set an example, especially from the Global South, as the world calls us. The Grand Effie Award simply reaffirms the importance of such works across the world.”
- Ogilvy Islamabad: Naming The Invisible Pakistanis, Telenor (Positive Change Social Good – Brands)
- Ogilvy Sydney: No Home Address, Whitelion (Media Innovation)
- Ogilvy Sydney: KFC Australia’s Long Term Success, KFC Australia (Sustained Success – Products)
- Ogilvy Mumbai: Red Label – Taste Of Tegetherness, Hindustan Unilever (Sustained Success)
- Ogilvy Kuala Lumpur: The Galactic Bottles, The Coca-Cola Company (Sponsorship/Events)
- Ogilvy Karachi: More Than Just A Cook, Shan Foods (Food)
- Ogilvy Sydney: Parent Faming, Kimberly Clark (Positive Change Social Good – Brands)
- Ogilvy Sydney: Parent Faming, Kimberly Clark (Brand Revitalisation)
- Ogilvy Sydney: No Home Address, Whitelion (Other Products & Services)
- Ogilvy Manila: MILO Philippines Home Court, Nestle Philippines (Branded Utility)
- Ogilvy Mumbai: Not Just A Cadbury Ad, Mondelez India (Crisis Response/Critical Pivot)
- Ogilvy Shanghai: My Abu Dhabi Adventure, Abu Dhabi DCT (Travel / Tourism)
- Ogilvy Sydney: Hot vs Cold, Nestle Australia (Brand Experience – Products)
- Ogilvy Sydney: Hot vs Cold, Nestle Australia (Social Media Marketing)
- Ogilvy Sydney: No Home Address, Whitelion (David vs Goliath)
- Ogilvy Sydney: No Home Address, Whitelion (Small Budget: Services)
- Ogilvy Sydney: KFC Bucketball, KFC Australia (Seasonal Marketing)
The Grey Group added to their haul with their brand, Pantene, being named Brand of the Year and P&G being named Market of the Year.
“Pantene’s “More Freedom In Job-Hunting Hair” (Pantene) is based on the deep-seated Japanese cultural insight – job-hunters have to follow unspoken hair rules to show their obedience if they want to get a job. We initiated this project to free job-hunters from uniformity and conformity that are symbolized by hair, and cerebrate the beauty of diversity and individuality,” said Rui Nago, Executive Planning Director at Grey Japan.
“I am very honored that this project has been recognized for making the positive change in our society. I am also very pleased that we can share this achievement with Pantene, who were named Brand of The Year and P&G who won Marketer of The Year. Congratulations to them as well.”